Top 5 Questions to Ask Your Outdoor Movie Provider
1) How Bright or how many Lumens is the projector you are using for my Movie? Lumens is how bright a picture the projector will produce, other providers will try to talk you into a small projector they got at Office Max with only 2000 or 3000 Lumens but the picture will be dim and you won't be happy. We use 5500 Lumens at a Minimum and up to 15,000 Lumens depending on the size of the screen. Don't get fooled into a dim projector, with us you can get a much brighter projector at a BETTER price then our competition charges. The decision is easy!
2) How long have you been in business doing outdoor movies? There are a few people working out of their garage with a flashy web sites and have only been in business one year and only have one or two small screens. We have been in business for over seven years, conducted over 730 movie events and have 11 different screens with a size to fit any venue. If one of our screens gets damaged, we have screens to replace it with Other providers can't do this, they don't have the equipment and your movie may not go on! And we often upgrade you to the next larger screen for free! Again the decision is easy.
3) Does Your Price Include a SILENT Power Generator? Our Price DOES include a Silent Power Generator This gives you a great deal of flexibility as to where you have your movie, you are not tied to a shelter or building for power. We do a lot of movies on Ball Diamonds, Soccer Fields just about anywhere and no cords for your guests to trip over. The key is a Silent Power Generator, we don't even own a cheap lawn-mower style generator, you know the loud ones that you can hear two blocks away! Guess what, the decision is easy.
4) Does your Price Include Trained Staff to STAY AT MY EVENT and RUN the Projection and Sound Equipment ? Our Price INCLUDES staff to setup and RUN all the equipment so you can enjoy your guests and don't need to worry, all you do is hand us a DVD. We do all the work. Some providers will drop off the equipment in the afternoon and hold you responsible for it until they come back and you will be stuck figuring out how to work it instead of enjoying the party. The choice is easy.
5) How Many Movie Screen and Projector Systems do you own? We own 11 screens and projector systems, you may ask why is this important? First, if we have a larger screen in stock on the day of your event we can upgrade you to a larger screen for FREE. Second if one of our screens gets damaged we have another screen to replace it with so your event will go on. The guy operating out of his garage may only have one or two screens and if one gets damaged you may get a last minute call telling you your event wont happen! Nothing worse then expecting 50 guests over for a party or tailgate and to get that call. Once again the choice is EASY!
We have many more key elements on how to do a great outdoor movie event, I guess that's why we do the movies on the Lawn of the State House, in Columbus Crew Stadium, on OSU Campus at Zoombezi Bay and hundreds of backyards in Central Ohio every year. And withour price match policy you cant go wrong! Better selection, better quality, better service and the BEST price, the decision is easy.
If you are planning an outdoor
movie, you just hit the jack pot! Ohio Outdoor Movie is the best source
for giant inflatable movie screens and outdoor movies. Everything from
inflatable movie screens, sound systems, outdoor movie licensing and
How bright is your projector (measured in Lumens)? ( This is one of the most important items to know. Low brightness (Lumens) means a very dimly projected movie. Our minimum is 5500 lumens up to 15,000 lumens and higher)
What is the actual size of the projection surface? Some providers will confuse you by giving the size of the inflatable frame instead of the projection surface tricking you into think you are getting a larger screen. (a 16'x9' projection surface may have a 20'x15' inflatable frame). Our 28' x 21' projection surface is over 40% larger then a 25' x 16' for about the same price. SIZE DOES MATTER ! Other providers only give you a diagonal measurement making it harder for you to compare screen sizes.
Can you do both front and rear projection? Rear projection give you much better use of your event space and you wont have any screen shadows or bunny ears from the audience walking around. We don't force you to use front projection. We can do both front and rear projection making the best use of your event space.
How may speakers, and sub woofers are used? (depending on venue and size of crowd, should be two speakers and one sub woofer at a minimum for a 16'x9' screen. We offer up to four 1500 watt sub woofers and ten 500 watt speakers, we also offer FM radio broadcasting, we broadcast the sound and you hear it on your car radio like the old drive in).
How old is your equipment? (Our equipment is used a lot and we sell our old items every two years, this means you get newer equipment and no breakdowns).
Do you operate out of your garage or a storage unit? This is very important, (part time providers, not enough business to have professional space or staff, or doing movies as a part time business to their full time 9 to 5 job. There is nothing worse then unprofessional part time people in front of your guests. Demand true professionals.
Do you own all of the equipment you use or do you use other providers if you don't have the equipment? Many providers don't have the professional equipment and "sub-contract" the work to other outdoor movie providers, this raises your cost and you will know this because the provider will push you to use a size they have and not the right size for your event. We own and maintain all of our equipment to the highest standards. We bring spare DVD players, Spare projector lamps, spare speakers, spare inflatable blowers, and audio cords, electrical cords and microphones to every event to guarantee your guests will get the best movie experience. We have worked with other media professionals and will disclose this to you if we use anyone other then our own people for your event.
How many employees do you have? (Buckeye Outdoor movies is a division of Fun Day Events and employees over 42 seasonal staff, we have been doing professional events for over six years, if you are not happy you don't pay!)
To get our FREE planning guide "Guide to Outdoor Movie Success" Just fill out this simple request form and we will email it to you.
(scroll down for more information)
Ohio Outdoor Movies takes the worry out of planning any event.
Our movie events include:
Professional Movie Projection in High Definition
Inflatable Movie screen suitable for your audience size
DVD/Film Licensing Assistance and Information
Concert Professional Audio Systems
Professional Audio/Sound Technician On-Site
Complete Liability Insurance
Weather Guarantee Policy
Portable Power Systems (for difficult venues)
We can off a variety of additional service including
Complete Event Catering with Many Menus to Choose From
Inflatable Activities, Moon Bounce, Inflatable Slides, Toddler Area, Carnival Games, Sack Races and Tug-of-War to name a few.
Consession, Popcorn, Sno-Cones, Soft Drinks
(Ohio Outdoor Movies is a division of Fun Day Events)
We are a Division of Fun Day Events 740-549-9000 "Our Name Says it All"